[Journal Menu]

[Home Page]


[100 Books]

[Other Sites]

Here In Oakland

Art & Life


January 7, 2020


Tuesday. Awoke at twenty minutes to six, about right, to turn on the radio and take the blood pressure (106/73) and so took the b.p. med along with the rest. The reading had been (145/86) last night, not good, but then (127/60) an hour later, so maybe this blood pressure unit of mine is off. Well, we'll find out. The annual physical scheduled for later this afternoon, we'll see what readings they come up with after I've shown them my logs.

Out the door at the usual time, dressed for the cold (added scarf and gloves again), arriving at the usual time before seven, the restaurant open and so settled in with the papers, ordering an avocado and mushroom omelet, country potatoes, toast, fruit cup and coffee for breakfast. Still just over two pounds under the target on the scale this morning.

Finished up at close to nine and set out for home, documenting the four cent a gallon increase in the price of regular, the first change in some time. A picture of more of the flowers in that second planter, a picture of an interesting costume passing me by farther along and then the selfie in the apartment house lobby, nothing else coming in range.

Later. Set out for the doctor's appointment, wondering how traffic might be at two-thirty in the afternoon, and discovered it was bumper to bumper, but bumper to bumper just beyond the Powell exit I needed to take off Highway 80. Even the parking garage was relatively quiet compared to how it had been when I was there in December.

OK, annual physical done, home with the paperwork for various lab tests in hand, arriving after four to turn on the news and discover Iran was targeting two American manned Iraqi air force bases with missiles of some kind. More confirmation we're living in interesting times.

Evening. OK, not necessarily the end of the world from what they're saying about the missile strike on the news and so to bed early again to flip through some things on the tablet, lights off by nine-thirty again to take what I was thinking must be forever in getting to sleep. The way it goes, I guess, it comes when it wants, I'm obviously not in charge. Still, survived the day, that's to the good.

The photograph was taken at the 2010 Mochi Ceremony at the San Francisco Asian Art Museum with a Nikon D3s mounted with an 70 - 200mm f 2.8 Nikkor VR II lens.